MennoneMadrid

My trip to Madrid...on YOUR computer screen!!!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Guard Your Heart, My Dear...

"Guard your heart my dear,
Do not fall in love with a Spanish man..."
~my father
Oh the poetic words of wisdom that my father left me with as I left the US for the next four months.
Oddly enough, at the ticket counter, I immediately found someone else from the Madrid program - standing right in front of me. I joined forces with Mike, and we soon found Russell and Alec. The four of us took the flight to London from Philly...in London, we encountered massive security and we arrived at the gate for our 8:30 flight at 9:25. They told us that we would have to take another flight - we thought ok, no problem.
The next flight was at 4:30 that afternoon.
So we waited around Heathrow airport for 7 and a half hours.
Now I'm here in Madrid with some pretty amazing people...and all I want to do is take a shower and go to bed. It's already almost one o clock...I'm in this fantastic hotel with a kitchen and a huge bathroom and an enormous bedroom with only one other roommate. I met Max, who is living in the same apartment as me this semester with our "elegant widow."
The people in the program seem nice.
Tomorrow we're going on a tour, which is good, cause I missed everything today - except some major card games while sitting on the floor in Heathrow Airport, terminal 1.
Ok, I'm stinky and I have to get up before 8 tomorrow morning...lots of love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home