MennoneMadrid

My trip to Madrid...on YOUR computer screen!!!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Trouble in Paradise...



Well, that title must have caught your attention...
Yes, this is the best place ever - I'm in love with Spain. Today we went to El Prado museum today and saw so many famous paintings...we were there for over 2 hours and I can't wait to go back!!! Yesterday we had a wonderful night - I went out with Rebecca and Cristina after El Retiro and got cheap paella and beer - the best I've eaten since I got here.
Yep, the trouble is with my "senora." Apparently my elegant widow is perhaps more concerned with fooling around with her boyfriend than hosting two American kids. So far, she's served us frozen pizza, hot dogs, and meatballs. This is the weirdest thing ever. So I talked to Carmela, and she's going to move me. Tomorrow I'm going to meet an older couple who live in a "posh" district - apparently very fancy!!! They are even more nervous than I am! I'm going to their apartment tomorrow for coffee...I hope they like me! Say a little prayer for me, this could get ugly...I wouldn't be able to move in till the 15 and my senora now will be PISSED OFF when she finds out that she's not getting my money...
Anyway...classes are still great. I'm actually starting to think in Spanish - it's so incredible!! We got some information on cheap trips to Italy and Portugal today that I'm definitely going to take them up on. And we're starting to organize our trip to Morocco!! I feel like I won't even be home!
It's finally starting to cool down here...I can't believe how hot it's been! I haven't slept through an entire night yet!
Tomorrow we're going out with Spanish students...and on Saturday we're going to a monastary...and on Sunday probably to El Rastro...and next week we're going to one of the Congressional buildings.
We don't stop here!!!
Muchos besos!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home