MennoneMadrid

My trip to Madrid...on YOUR computer screen!!!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Poem (not in Spanish)


In honor of my father's advice, I've written a poem that I think pretty much sums up what he meant (for those of you who are avid readers of my blog, I think you will understand. Newcomers will need to go back a bit to find his wise words).

***DISCLAIMER*** This is meant as a joke, aka I wrote it while studying for my midterm. This is not meant to be offensive, or even true.


Guard Your Heart: Father's Words of Wisdom
Guard your heart my dear
Do not fall in love with a Spanish man
Avoid listening to them as best you can
They'll tell you all the things you want to hear

But they are unstable, unfaithful men
Without regard to your heart or mind
They go after any pretty girl they can find
Before every woman they love lies another ten

They look good, especially after a drink
They'll turn up the charm at your pretty face
You'll think they're so witty, with so much grace
Stop before you fall too far and think

Romantic is nice, but a gentleman is better
A rose can make you smile for only a night
But it won't make him admit it when you're right
And when he's done with you, he's ready for her

Guard your heart my dear
Do not fall in love with a Spanish man
It's best to wait a while for an American
They're like me, so you have nothing to fear!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger xevi said…

    ¡Qué sorpresas se lleva uno leyendo el blog de una estadounidense jajaja! Por lo menos el disclaimer me ha tranquilizado un poco... At least i can say i am catalan instead of spanish :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home