MennoneMadrid

My trip to Madrid...on YOUR computer screen!!!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Peanut Butter and Portugal


Hola mis amores!
I hope that you all like my greeting, cause I don't think I'm ever going to change it...
Well, the trip to the American store was successful - my peanut butter supply is replenished!! I got so excited that I opened it up outside the store and starting eating it (don't ask me how, I'll post a picture later). Yay!
My midterm was...
Ok new topic. The zarzuela was quite good, except that I couldn't really understand most of it. It was a lot of colloquial language :-( Oh well, it was still a good experience! I'm more excited for the flamenco show next week. Tomorrow we're going to visit the congress and then on SATURDAY, I'm finally moving!!! This has been the biggest mess so far and I just want to get settled in my new house. I did talk to my current senora and luckily there are no hard feelings. I feel so much better! I've decided that I'm never going to worry about anything ever again in my entire life because somehow everything always works out okay. I don't know if it's just my extreme charm (haha) or what, but all I know is that worrying doesn't help. It only makes you sleepy and sick.
I like how I just glaze over "we're going to visit the congress." It makes me feel so important. Actually, I don't really care about Congress, either in Spain or in the US, but it will still be an interesting excursion. Then tomorrow night is a winetasting at Carmela's house, which should be fun. And after that, I'm going out for my friend Vanessa's birthday - we're going to a chocoletaria (I have no clue how to spell that, but I'm very excited!!).
Today we went to get our tickets to Portugal - they came out to less than 150 euros for roundtrip transportation and 3 nights in a 3 star hotel!! I'm sooo excited, and as promised, we are leaving on my birthday!! We're coming home on my friend Alec's birthday - Alec and I have already decided that we need to do something special while in Portugal to celebrate! It was so weird going to the travel agency...I felt like I was more or less in charge (I'm holding everyone's tickets and the hotel receipt). I feel so adult and grown up...it's so weird. I think I better make photo-copies or something...this is a big responsibility!
I'm hoping to find cheap tickets to Rome, but that is still a work in progress.
So far, all I've been able to do in Spain is run around a small park near my house. On Saturday Alec and I are going to try to do some distance in the big park (El Retiro - it's amazing, you have no idea), but I MISS GW's gym!!!! I'm so anxious for them to tell us that we can start doing stuff at the UAM's gym here, but it's not nearly as nice. I'm just glad that I'm taking flamenco, at least that will be a workout.
I'm so tired, I could have fallen asleep at 8...
Oh yeah...and cause I found such a good deal for Portugal, I couldn't resist buying a red skirt that I found for less than $25. It's ADORABLE.
Just had to share that with you.
Muchos besos mis amores...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home